Total Pageviews

Monday, November 17, 2008

Calico Meringues Christmas Cookies


I have been working on submitting a cookie recipe to a cookbook that will advertise my custom made kids clothes business so I made up a batch of cookies last night so I could take pictures. These cookies are my favorite Christmas cookie and now that most of my kids are grown they are the cookies that are most asked for. I thought I would share the recipe here as well.


4 egg white

1/4 tsp cream of tartar

1 cup of granulated sugar

1 1/2 cusp M&M candies


Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy in a small deep bowl. Grandually beat in sugar to make a stiff meringue. Fold in candies.

Grease and flour cookie sheet. Use spoon to drop meringue mixture to cookie sheet. Garnish each with one candy.

Bake in 250 degree oven for 25-30 mins or until firm to touch but still white. Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack. Store in sealed container.


Makes about 3 doz cookies depending on size.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cookies look delicious! I can't wait to try them!

~Lisa

Em Edwards said...

My husband's cousin always makes these for Christmas too!

They are good!

Take Care!
Jen

Family Photo

Family Photo
Family Photo

Melissa and Chris family wedding pic

Melissa and Chris family wedding pic
The WHOLE family at Melissa and Chris reception

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones