Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 26, 2009

In Memory Of A Great Lady

Yesterday at 1:17 pm my kids grandma and my ex mother in law passed away. She was my mother in law for 20 years so of course I am sad to see her go but I'm also happy that she is no longer having to deal with sickness that she dealt with all the time I knew her. There were times when we didn't get along but I think as we both got older we became more tolerant of each other and more understanding of each other's place. She loved her family more than anything in this world and there wasn't anything she wouldn't do for her husband, kids and grandkids. She loved to feed people more than anything and you could be guaranteed an excellent and filling meal when she cooked. It didn't matter what time of day or night it was, if you came to her house she was ready to prepare a full course meal for you. There were times when we would go visit them and we would arrive late at night or early in the morning and her first words were "are you hungry, can I fix you something to eat" you wouldn't get just a sandwich you would get the whole works. She loved to help people and I guess that is why she made the perfect nurse when she was younger. I can remember when she would be in the hospital herself because of sickness and we would go visit her but of course she wouldn't be in her room. She would be in someone else's room trying to help them. Sometimes she could be a little overbearing but as I said before as I got older I learned to realize that it was her way of showing love.

I'm sure there was a happy reunion when she crossed to the other side of the veil with her family members that have gone before. I especially visualize her hugging her grandaughter Kari,my daughter that was stillborn, that she has never seen. What a special moment that must have been.

Bryan my son was very upset when he learned that she had passed and I tried to explain to him my philosophy on death and birth. I remember when my first grandchild was born I could picture her grandparents,who had died a few year ago, and even my daughter telling her goodbye as she left her Heavenly home to come be her parents on this earth. I'm sure they were sad to see her go because they would miss her and they didn't know how long it would be before they would be able to see her again. But they knew they would see her again so they said goodbye and waited. Now I can also visualize Grandma Betts family members on the other side of the veil welcoming her back home while those of us left on this earth mourn for her. We are sad to see her go because we will miss her and we don't know how long it will be before we see her again. But we know we will see her again so we say our goodbyes and wait for the day when we are reunited again as an eternal family.




1 comment:

Military Momz said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss!

Family Photo

Family Photo
Family Photo

Melissa and Chris family wedding pic

Melissa and Chris family wedding pic
The WHOLE family at Melissa and Chris reception

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones